V polyanionic cellulose is a high-quality, water-soluble polymer designed to increase viscosity (Marsh) and Yield value, and control fluid loss in water-base mud.
- LIQUIPAC HV develops Funnel Viscosity and Yield Value. The amount of Yield generated depend on the solids concentration, salinity, and make-up water chemistry. A concentration of 2 kg/m³ will produce a 15 centipoise mud in fresh water without supplemental solids.
- 3kg LIQUIPAC HV will produce a 15 centipoise viscosity in saturated sodium chloride brine.
- An addition of 1.5 kg/ m³ of LIQUIPAC HV in a slurry containing 45 kg/ m³ of Bentonite, increase Yield Value from 4 to 5Pa (8 to 10lbs/100ft ²) and decrease the filtrate Loss Value at 10-12cc/30mn
- LIQUIPAC HV also controls fluid loss in fresh water, seawater, KCl and salt muds.
- It forms a thin, resilient, low-permeability filter cake which minimizes the potential for differential sticking and the invasion of filtrate and mud solids into permeable formations.
- LIQUIPAC HV resists bacterial attack and does not require a biocide or preservative.
- LIQUIPAC HV is effective in low concentrations with the normal treatment to control fluid loss ranging from 0.70 to 3 kg/m³ (0.25 to 1 lb/bbl).
- LIQUIPAC HV is an anionic polymer which will attach to and encapsulate exposed shales and drill cuttings. This protective polymer envelope inhibits the dispersion of shale cuttings and restricts fluid interactions with exposed shales.
- Effective in low concentrations to control fluid loss and build viscosity
- Encapsulates shale particles to inhibit swelling and dispersion
- Resists bacterial attack and no biocide or preservative is necessary
- Functions over a wide range of salinity and hardness
- Effective over a wide range of pH levels
- Has application in all water-base muds, ranging from low-solids, non-dispersed polymer systems to high-density, dispersed systems; and is compatible with all common mud-treating additives
- Excellent environmental acceptability
- Circulating temperature stability is approximately 150°C
- Effective in systems with a total hardness
Toxicity & Handling
- Bioassay information is available upon request
- Handle as an industrial chemical, wearing protective equipment and observing the precautions as described on the Transportation and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Package & Storage
- 25kg plastic can
- Keep containers sealed and do not allow water to contaminate LIQUIPAC HV containers. Store in a wellventilated area away from sources of ignition.